Saturday, December 02, 2006

No day like a snow day

I've been off work for the past two days. The first day my school dismissed early and the second one the district I work for called off the night before.

I love snow days. Thursday I took mulitple naps and worked on feeling better. By the evening I walked one hour on my treadmill--the first dedicated exercise I'd had in a long time.

On Friday I talked to my agent first thing and hammered out the details about my new contract. So December did start off on a happy foot! I'll have two releases in November 2007 and one in April 2007. The other two books will be in 2008. It's thrilled that my readers have brought me to this point.

As for the snow, four inches covers everything. Since I live in the country, everywhere I look is a blanket of white. I have the best neighbors as well. They got my mom (who lives 1,000 feet from me) out of the snow drift and they also plowed the entire road--getting me out to run some much needed errands. I had to do part of my driveway, but the exercise felt good.

By Monday, life will be back to normal. Back to work, with the winter break and finals looming on the horizon.

Until then, I'm loving the white.

Michele

No comments: