Monday, December 11, 2006

The Camel Club

I just finished David Baldacci's The Camel Club. It's the story of Oliver Stone (a former CIA agent turned squatter) who heads a group of conspiracy theorists. I had to admit, at one point in the book it was like being on the beginning of a roller coaster going click, click, click. You know that moment when you are full of anticipation waiting for the thrill ride and your patience begins to stretch?

The wait was worth it. Once the plot to kidnap the president all came together, the book was a non-stop thrill ride and I held on and found myself quite satisfied with the book once I'd finished. I also found myself impressed at how the author pulled everything together and tied up the loose ends. I also liked how the details were impeccable and wished that I could write so well. (Sigh.)

Up next for me is a Dick Francis novel. Oh yeah, and I need to get working on mine as well (I don't read in my genre when I'm writing.)

Michele

No comments: