Friday, January 12, 2007

Soundtracks of our lives

Last night the Kings song "Slipping to Glide" came on the radio and I turned up the volume. That's the ultimate driving song and I first heard it in high school, when I was with friends riding to go somewhere. Didn't matter where, we were all hanging out and driving was one of the coolest kids in the school and it was just awesome being in his circle. Ah, those little moments.

My students are currently doing music projects. One of the things they have to do is find a song that has a deeper meaning and is designed to make the listener reflect and change behavior. They will then teach the song to the class, dissecting it as readers do a poem.

So I thought about songs and their influences. Here are some of mine and I'll post others as I think of them:

Ultimate driving songs: The Kings, "Slipping to Glide", Roger Hodson "Had a Dream"
My all-time favorite rock bands: Supertramp, Genesis, U2, Depeche Mode, INXS
Music I listen to a lot: 80s
Song that is my mantra: Richard Marx, "Satisfied"
Best break up song ever: Toto, "I know I can't hold you back now"


Michele

No comments: