Thursday, January 04, 2007

Happy New Year!


It's the new year, and I'm thrilled that 2007 is here. The previous year was a blast, but it also had a lot of roller coaster moments and I'm hoping that those are all behind me now. (PS--above that's my cat Wiggy, short for Wiggly--her brother is Wu. She's starting 2007 with a snooze.)

As for me, though, second semester has started at my teaching at job and I'm working on revising Hart's Victory (my November 2007 Harlequin NASCAR release) now that my editors have seen it and made comments.

That's an interesting misnomer that the book simply goes into print the way an author writes it. The editor plays a very vital role. Once I submit the book, she reads it and then sends me what is known as a revision letter. This letter suggests changes I can make to strengthen the book. Often times my editor is right on the money. She's found little things that I've missed because I'm so close to the work. I'll make those this weekend and then finish up Picture Perfect, the manuscript I'm writing for Harlequin American.

So it's like now that January is here I'm getting my act together and getting back to the daily grind. The days are getting longer now and I'm starting to have a little more energy. Hopefully you, too, are finding the start of 2007 is something grand.

Michele

No comments: