Saturday, November 18, 2006

No need for creative excuses

I'm sick. One of those lingering colds that lasts about a week--so I'm midway through. I can't breath right, I cough a lot, and my head pounds. My final proofs for my April book are here and have to be read and to my editor on Monday.

I ache too much to even think about doing them.

I figure this has to be the end of a very long run of "bad luck." I'm so far behind on where I'd wanted to be writing-wise that I'm simply taking time off, retrenching, and lying low. Maybe I'll get some reading done.

No need for creative excuses for putting off writing--I simply need to heal both mentially and phyically. I need to crawl into bed and hang out--at least until I have to go to work again on Monday.

Then it'll be back on the treadmill of getting things done: thank you notes, Thanksgiving, etc.

But for today, the treadmill has been turned off.

2 comments:

Trackmom said...

Oh no Michele. Sounds like I have been on overload and you have been under the weather nad a cloud hanging over you. I know when "Hart's Victory" hits the stores...things will brighten. I will try to be more in touch. Keep smiling - the sun does shine.
:)

Michele Dunaway said...

Thanks much, trackmom!