Saturday, October 20, 2007

A Guest Post from my Daughter

So every weekday when my mom and I are driving in the deer-magnet we call our car, as soon as I can see the front porch, I'm craning my neck to see if there is a brown box there. And it's not my birthday just yet! I'm looking for a special box.

A Harlequin Box.

I, of course, am talking about Hart's Victory, aka: my first romance novel. I've never read a romance novel (besides to scratch off those cards in the middle of the book) and I'm pretty excited to actually get to read my first one. And here's the cool thing: anyone can read it!

What? A romance novel anyone can read? Well, yes, anyone can read Hart's Victory. Anyone can read this romance novel because there is absolutely nothing in it. No cursing, no sex on the page, if it was a movie it'd be PG at the very most. My response = cool.

Since anyone can read this, I'm doing a book report on it. We're doing a project where we are literally going to try and sell the book to the students in my class and grade. AND: I'm selling my mom's book. To my class. How many kids get to do that at school?

Anyway, the box has still not arrived yet (and I need the book BEFORE October 31st!) and I'm getting rather impatient. And I have to get to bed soon so I can get up go, to church,and come home so I can watch the race. Also, eventually ruin my vocal chords screaming for Carl Edwards (#99) to win. And hopefully, Monday I'll have my book.

- Alison Dunaway

Final note: Hart's Victory is a Harlequin NASCAR novel.

No comments: